Paella is to Valencia what pie and mash is to London. If the groom fancies himself as Gordon Ramsay, paella making is perfect for his Valencia stag party. More than just a cooking class, this activity takes you through every step of paella creation, from buying fresh ingredients at the renowned Mercado Central (Valencia's massive modernist central market) to chopping, cooking, serving and eating. There's a bit of wine or beer tasting in there as well.
Held in Valencia city, this paella making experience is hosted by an English-speaking instructor and is available Monday to Saturday, all year round. You start in the morning, about 10am, which means your food should be ready around lunchtime, the traditional time for paella eating. Hit the market and be amazed by everything from the coloured glass of the windows to the huge range of fresh produce available. Shopping will never be the same after this. When you've got your goodies, it's back to the kitchen to get the ingredients prepared and make the all-important broth, which gives it flavour. Find out how to keep the rice from drying out and how to make sure your paella doesn't turn into a stodgy risotto.
Paella making is a journey rather than simply following steps off a recipe card. Foodies will love it. And you'll genuinely be able to say you got a real taste of Spain on the Valencia stag party. Give us your numbers and we'll get you booked on.
In a nutshell:
- Paella making experience in Valencia
- Shop for your ingredients
- Follow step-by-step instructions
- Find out how to achieve paella perfection
- Chefs hats and aprons provided
- Centrally located kitchen
- Taste wine/beer while you wait for your paella to cook
- Eat your paella with a glass of wine, a beer or a soft drink
- Dessert and coffee are included
- Diploma certificate presented to each participant