Want a destination which offers it all for a single life send off? You can't go wrong with a Berlin Stag Party. Germany's notoriously naughty but nice metropolis is a great place to wave goodbye to the single life. You'd have to go a long way to beat a final fling before the ring in place that's known for both culture and clubbing. If you want more out of your stag weekend, Berlin will make you proud.
If you're the best man without a plan and want to give the big lad an outstanding send off, consider the German capital. Stag parties here get the best in beer, hordes of foxy Frauleins and some of the most magnificent in the country's cultural capital. It's an all rounder with a lively nightlife, adrenaline pumping activities and more erotic entertainment than you can shake stick at.
Nights out, days full of activities and plenty of beautiful women makes a stag weekend here a real crowd pleaser. See the famous Berlin Wall, the Topography of Terror and the dazzling Potsdamer Platz during the day. When the sun dips below the horizon, the notoriously unadulterated nightlife in Alexanderplatz comes to life. If you want a last stand with all the trimmings, Berlin is the way forward.
The first night of a stag weekend in the German capital is always the biggest and the best. You've just landed in the home of brilliant German beer, so it would be criminal not to show some respect with a Bar Crawl on your first night. The best way to make sure your debut evening doesn't end it the gutter is to kick off with a meal in the heart of the city. Groups can tuck into some tasty, traditional, hearty German fayre which is guaranteed to satisfy even the most insatiable appetite. If you've got a group of ravenous carnivores to feel, you'll have no worries. Can anyone say German sausage!?
1. If you and the lads consider yourselves to be the sporty type, visit the famous Olympic Stadium to take a tour of the complex and enjoy an exciting game of German football. The city also offers the classic stag activities like shooting, Trabant tours, water sports, paintballing and karting.
2. Owing to its rich history, Berlin has many historical landmarks and monuments dotted throughout its perimeter. If your stag group has history enthusiasts and culture vultures, there’s a lot in store for you. Visit the notorious Berlin Wall and the Topography of Terrors museum to get a peek into the World War II era. Do make a point to visit the 18th century Brandenburg gate or marvel at the Renaissance, Postmodern and Baroque Revival architecture of the Reichstag. To add a stag twist to the historical tour, hop on the beer bikes to get your fill of the booze while exploring the city.
3. For a luxurious experience, opt for a private cruise to bond with the lads as you navigate the river waters. The cruise tour lasts for a couple of hours taking you through the city’s most breath-taking sights. To make the experience even more special, there is also a stripper on board. However, make sure the groom gives his nod for the stripper.
4. Built up an appetite after the day’s events? Berlin’s cuisine can satisfy the most sophisticated palettes. Sample and savour authentic German cuisine as well as international delicacies. A traditional Bavarian Feast is a must on your Berlin stag do. Lasting over two hours, the scrumptious meal will treat your taste buds well and leave you with satisfied bellies.
5. Pull yourself out of the food coma by embarking on a Brewery Tour. A typical brewery tour lasts for around 30-40 minutes, during which you and the stags can sample beers and watch the craft of beer making. Maybe when you get back home, you can try your hand at making your own beer for the next stag.
When it comes to nightlife, Berlin arguably defeats the other countries on the list. With cheap booze, techno music and a vibrant crowd at the clubs that stay open till the break of dawn, you can have yourselves an uninterrupted night of celebration.
1. Guided Bar Crawls
If you want to experience the best of the city’s nightlife, then pub crawls and night tours on your Berlin stag do are the top-notch solution for you. From pubs housed in derelict ruins, to stylish and modern cocktail bars and rock clubs, guided bar crawls are an easy gateway into seeing some of Berlin’s best night scenes. They are also a great alternative way to tour the city, especially considering how much the Berliners value their beers and bars.
2. Casino Royale
Do you fancy a sophisticated gambling James Bond style? Berlin has just what you need. We’ll take you to the finest casino in the city where you can try your hand at the roulette wheel or place bets at the poker table and many other games. What’s more? A grand cocktail reception for your stag group.
1. Alexanderplatz - One of the liveliest places in Berlin and the biggest public square in the city,, Alexanderplatz has a plethora of shops, bars, restaurants, and many attractions within walking distance.
2. Mitte - The cradle where Berlin was born in the 13th century, Mitte is the most central borough in Berlin and the heart of the city. It embodies Berlin as an open world city more than any other borough while also reflecting its chequered history. The famous Reichstag and the Museum Island are all located in Mitte. It is also rife with the best bars and restaurants where you can grab a bite and have a few cold ones after a day of exploring and sightseeing.
3. Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg - With hip bars, fine restaurants, concert venues, clubs, museums, and art scene, Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg is a magnet for art aficionados and party animals alike. It’s alternative and artistic vibe offers the ideal environment to absorb the city culture and quench your thirst for booze.
1. Berlin Wall - What once stood as the symbol of unrest and oppression, is now a symbol of hope and unity. The ruins of the Berlin Wall are a must visit attraction on your stag do in Berlin.
2. Beer, Beer and Beer - The Bavarians know beer like no one does. Their beers are arguably the best in the world with a strong punch that hits the right spot, exactly the kind you and the lads owe yourselves. Further, beer biking takes drinking and sightseeing on the next level as you explore the city’s best sites while chugging cold beer.
3. Multiculturalism - With over 470,000 residents from over 180 different nations, Berlin is the most multicultural city in Germany. The locals are warm, welcoming and respectful as long as you respect the city.
4. Doner Kebabs - A perfect meal for a hangover, you can thank Berlin for the invention of Doner Kebabs. A local favourite, it can be found in any eatery of Berlin. Over years, the kebabs have seen many modern tweaks. Savour them all on your Berlin stag do.
5. Tierpark - For a stag group of party animals looking for a wild adventure, it is only fitting to visit Berlin's largest zoo. Founded over 150 years ago, the Tierpark has the a plethora of animals with epic beasts ranging from fierce Lions to Gorillas and other rare species.
6. Bar Mania - With a whopping 1200 plus bars and clubs, there would be one hell of a bar crawl in Berlin. From ruin bars to techno clubs, there are a number of hip nightspots, and while you won’t be able to visit all of them, try checking out as many as you can.
Undoubtedly one of the most diverse and dynamic cities in Europe, a Berlin stag do promises an experience that you’ll never forget. Housing the biggest and best clubs of Europe, the city’s party pulse is unparalleled and earns Berlin a spot on every list of the top party hotspots in the world.
Despite its chequered past, Berlin has transformed itself into a thriving metropolis with an rich mix of nightlife options- from cutting edge bars next to industrial-style warehouse raves. It’s not just the nightlife either that makes Berlin an ideal spot for staggers. The fall of the wall lead to a cultural revolution that resulted in some of the best restaurants, hotels, and entertainment springing up in Berlin transforming it into a hub of enthusiasm and culture, and an unbeatable choice for a huge stag weekend.
Berlin is a sprawling metropolis, but its underground system called U-Bahn is what stands out. Covering up the entire city perimeter along with the S-Bahn (the overground), it helps you find your way to the top spots with ease. But living in the heart of all the action is a different story altogether. Book your accommodation around Prenzlauer Berg, Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg, or Mitte to make the most of Berlin’s nightlife. All of the city’s hottest night spots are based around these areas, so if you’re planning on hitting the clubs hard on your Berlin stag weekend, these areas are ideal for your stay.
Any time is a good time for a Berlin stag. As a popular metropolis, the city is always on the go with a calendar packed with events and festivals all year round. You can time your stag weekend according to the city events or just follow your hearts and fly out to Berlin, and let the city surprise you with its urban jolt.
Now that you know all that Berlin has to offer for your stag weekend, make up your mind, discuss with the groomsmen and book your flights soon to spend a memorable time in the German Capital. Give your best friend an epic send off into his marital world in Berlin.